Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Montana Plains Bakery: Black Forest Cookies to Die For!

Want a local bakery that uses only the finest ingredients and makes artisan crafted breads and pastries?  Look no further than Montana Plains Bakery found in two convenient family owned and operated locations in Lynchburg, VA. 

It is the type of place that is overwhelming at first.  The choices in loaves of bread, pies, cookies, rolls, brioche, quiche, salads, soups and coffees will leave you wondering what to start with first.  Never fear though because the bakers also take turns serving the customers so they are on hand to answer any questions. 

What have I found of particular interest during my excursions to Montana Plains Bakery?  I love the quiche!  In particular, the breakfast quiche and the  Southwestern quiche (which contains egg, cheese, chicken, onions, green and red peppers, and corn).  I also enjoy the spinach and cheese brioche.  For the brioche and the quiche, ask the staff to heat it for you to make it extra yummy!  Or you can choose a salad with almonds, raspberries, and goat cheese topped with strawberry ranch dressing if you like.   And don’t forget the chocolate cheesecake!
However, saving the best for last, I confess the pièce de resistancé for me is the Black Forest Cookie!  After my first bite I knew I was in love.  Imagine, if you will, a chocolate cookie with chunks of chocolate, walnuts, dried cherries, raisins and cranberries combined into the most deliciously crunchy and chewy cookie and you will begin to understand the reason for my devotion.  But don’t take my word for it.  Stop by Montana Plains Bakery for a Black Forest Cookie and tell them Cindy at explorevirginia.blogspot.com sent you! 
Two locations:  4925 Boonsboro Rd., Lynchburg, VA 24503 and 102 Tradewynd Cir., Lynchburg, VA  24502.

No comments:

Post a Comment